Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Office Rant

Wasting time infuriates me! I hate speaking to people who, instead of asking a direct question, feel they need to break down their entire history to get to something as simple as "where can I find these files?"

Apart from these insipid individuals, what really irks me is having to sit like a zombie at my office desk, waiting for my shift to end. If, by some inconceivable miracle, you are able to finish your tasks hours before the designated closing hour, why should you remain seated at your desk, slowly counting the death of precious minutes that you will never get back again?

I highly respect managers who recognise the true value of time, by compensating employees for over-time and understanding that on some rare occasions, we can leave early! I am currently seated with 6 employees who have nothing to accomplish! One is cleaning his nails, another is watching YouTube videos, yet another is actually watching a TV series and so on.

And here I slowly rot, waiting for another useless 180 minutes to go by before I can escape back into the real world. If you ask me, the world would be a much better place if we were not all constrained by useless rules such as "office hours"!

No comments:

Post a Comment